Magnesium oil is a must-have product for anyone and everyone. It is a brilliant source of magnesium - a mineral that is required for a variety of biochemical reactions so your body can function at its best. Magnesium deficiency is highly common in Western diets - which is why supplementation or topical application is key.
But what are the health benefits of magnesium oil? How does magnesium oil work?
What is magnesium oil?
Magnesium oil is a solution containing pure, mined magnesium in its ionic state. Then, magnesium oil is purified and all contaminants are removed. Pure magnesium oil packs a punch - providing approximately 500mg of magnesium per teaspoon.
As magnesium is an essential nutrient, our body cannot produce it. We need to obtain magnesium from the food we eat, or by supplementing with quality magnesium. Magnesium deficiency has been linked to an array in conditions, including:
- Depression and anxiety
- Sleep disorders
- Chronic fatigue
- Muscle cramps
- Restlessness and irritability
- Thinning hair
Thus, ensuring you are getting enough magnesium is absolutely vital to avoid deficiency-related symptoms. With an abundance of supplements available on the market, it can be difficult to choose a high quality option. Most oral magnesium supplements are formulated using magnesium oxide, which is not a bioavailable form - making it difficult for your body to use.
Instead of using low-quality poorly absorbed supplements, topical application of a pure, high-quality magnesium oil can work wonders.
Health benefits of magnesium oil:
Magnesium oil provides a rich source of magnesium to help with a variety of health benefits. Topical magnesium oil can be used to support:
- Stress and anxiety relief: Magnesium deficiency has been linked to anxiety, depression and low mood - due to magnesium’s role in neurotransmitter production and transport. Magnesium can also help reduce cortisol levels - the key hormone that is produced by the body in response to stressful situations. Using magnesium oil on the skin can help increase cellular magnesium levels to help manage stress levels.
Sleep support for quality and duration: Struggling to hit the sack? Magnesium can help support your circadian rhythm to promote sleep quality and duration. Magnesium deficiency has been linked to sleep apnea, insomnia and other disorders. It can also help support nerve and muscle relaxation - to ease you into a blissful sleep.
- Migraine and headache relief: Magnesium deficiency is also known to contribute to headaches and migraines if not replenished. To avoid headaches and get rid of pain, you can use topical magnesium on your temples and massage in for natural relief.
- Support energy production: Magnesium is one of the most important minerals for energy metabolism. If you feel constantly tired and restless, you may need a kick of magnesium. Simply massaging topical magnesium oil daily onto your skin can help replenish stores and leave you energized and ready to tackle the day.
- Muscle soothing and recovery: Aching after an intense workout? Use magnesium oil as a luxurious and natural sports massage therapy to soothe the pain away. Magnesium can help support muscle recovery - to get your muscles back up and running in no-time. Additionally, magnesium can help soothe cramps all over the body, whether it’s from menstrual cycles or heavy lifting sessions. Instead of opting for chemically synthesized compounds, opting for a topical magnesium oil can be a simple, natural and effective solution for all kinds of muscle pain.
How does magnesium oil work?
Topical magnesium oil application works by seeping through your dermal layer - topping up your cellular magnesium supply by bypassing the digestive system completely. Topical magnesium can be more beneficial than oral supplementation - as taking magnesium capsules have their drawbacks with absorption and utilisation.
Once it reaches the cells, magnesium can then perform its function all over the body - assisting over 300 biological and enzymatic reactions in the body. Without magnesium, many of these reactions fall short, triggering deficiency symptoms if magnesium is not replenished.
Topical magnesium oil application can help with stress, sleep support, relieving migraines and soothing aches and pains. Use a high quality pure magnesium oil for optimal results. Avoid magnesium oils that contain an array of added ingredients and preservatives that can affect the absorption.