Castile soap is not new to the game. It’s been around for years - commonly used for beauty purposes and as a powerful cleaning agent.
With the rise in viruses and bacteria, it’s important to keep your house clean and free from germs and toxins. Castile soap can be an effective and gentle way at cleaning your home. But is castile soap antibacterial? Find out how castile can fight germs to keep your family safe and healthy.
What is Castile Soap
Castile soap is a multipurpose miracle ingredient - traditionally produced in the region of Castile, Spain. Decades ago, castile soap was produced using olive oil. As beauty products evolved, so did the formulation of castile soap. Today’s formulas are curated using a nourishing blend of the most nutritious plant oils - including jojoba oil, argan oil, coconut oil and hemp oil. All working in synergy to enhance the effectiveness and benefits of this wonderful soap.
Castile soap can be found as a liquid or in bar format. Liquid forms can be easier to work with and mix into your favourite DIY cleaning and beauty recipes. You can also make your own castile soap at home - it’s that simple yet that effective.
If you are looking to purchase castile soap, ensure you are choosing a palm oil free product to reduce your carbon footprint. Always select castile products that use organic and 100% natural oils to ensure you are not introducing harsh chemicals and preservatives into your household.
Is Castile Soap Antibacterial
Ditch all your artificial cleaning sprays, there’s a gentler and more eco-friendly soap in town.Castile soap is prized for its cleaning capabilities. But how effective is castile soap at clearing away germs, viruses and bacteria?
Short answer: very effective.
In fact, castile soap is naturally an antibacterial and antimicrobial agent - without needing any harsh chemicals or added ingredients.
Castile soap works by degrading viruses to kill them off surfaces. Additionally, as a surfactant, castile soap attaches to bacteria and germ particles so you can wipe them away from surfaces with ease.
How to Clean with Castile Soap
Castile soap can be used to clean a variety of surfaces and items. The possibilities are endless. Here are just a few ways you can disinfect and clean with castile soap:
- Wash your fruit and vegetables: Washing your fresh food with harsh chemical soaps is no good - they end up in your body and are no good for your health. Get rid of harmful pesticides from produce with a gentle solution of castile soap and water.
- Wipe away surfaces for an antibacterial cleanse: Keep your family safe and remove germs from surfaces with castile soap. Add vinegar and tea tree oil to 60ml of castile soap to make your own DIY multi surface spray. Simply spray, wipe and leave to dry.
- Clean, safe hands: Your hands are the main carriers of germs and bacteria. Keeping them clean is a must to prevent the contraction of infections. Avoid drying soaps that leave your hands in cracks. Simply use castile soap to wash your hands for 20 seconds for TLC with a deep clean.
- Washing dishes: Avoiding harsh soaps can help prevent toxic chemicals from being ingested. Handwash your dishes with a little dab of castile soap for a sparkling clean finish that is gentle and natural at the same time.
- Remove germs from floors: Floors are often ignored when cleaning - but they can hoard a myriad of germs, viruses and bacteria from shoes. Dilute castile soap with water and use to mop away germs and bacteria from floors. Add a drizzle of essential oils for a fresh scent.
There are a variety of ways you can use castile soap - which is why it deserves a spot in both your cleaning and beauty cabinets. Discover more ways you can use castile soap and mix and match with your favorite DIY recipes.
Castile soap is a brilliant all-purpose solution to all your beauty and cleaning purposes. With its potent yet gentle formula, castile soap can help clear away harmful toxins, bacteria, viruses and germs to protect yourself and your loved ones.