After a long, cold winter nothing feels better than soaking in some sun. While sun is important for getting your daily dose of Vitamin E, prolonged exposure to damaging UV rays can contribute to premature aging, skin damage, and even skin cancer.
Keeping your skin hydrated is half the battle, so take the time to learn about an aloe vera skin care routine to keep your skin healthy and hydrated all summer long.
Aloe Vera for Skin Care
Aloe vera is a tropical succulent plant that produces long, soft leaves filled with a cooling gel. This gel offers a wide variety of medicinal and cosmetic benefits and it is widely used in skin care products because it hydrates skin and speeds healing. Here are some of the top benefits of aloe vera for skin:
- It acts as a natural moisturizer
- It soothes inflammation and sunburn
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- It heals acne and reduces breakouts
- It reduces cellulite and stretch marks
To enjoy the benefits of aloe vera for your own skin, look for a high-quality product made from 100% pure aloe vera. Seven Minerals Organic Aloe Vera Gel is 99% organic, 100% natural, and completely free from artificial additives. Use it in recipes or as part of your daily aloe vera gel skin care routine.
Recommended Daily Skin Care Routine
When it comes to the role of aloe vera in skin care, there are many benefits. So, how do you make aloe vera part of your daily skin care routine? Here are some ideas:
- Purchase an organic facial cream with aloe vera for daily use, morning and night.
- Use a body lotion that contains aloe vera for everyday moisturizing.
- Apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel after waxing or shaving to reduce redness and irritation.
- Spot-treat acne and blemishes with aloe vera gel to reduce inflammation and speed healing.
- Apply aloe vera gel to sunburned skin for immediate cooling relief.
As you shop around for an aloe vera gel to include in your daily skin care routine, make sure you look for a product that is 100% pure and natural. Avoid products made with fillers and other artificial additives that could irritate your skin.
Recommended After Sun Skin Care Routine
A little sun never hurt anyone, right? Unfortunately, many people fail to understand just how damaging prolonged exposure to UV rays can be for your skin. Though your skin contains melanin, a pigment that protects against UV damage, prolonged exposure increases the risk of UV rays reaching the inner layers of your skin – when this happens, you develop sunburn. Some of the signs of sunburn include:
While a small amount of UV exposure helps your body create vitamin D, too much of it can be dangerous. Wearing sunscreen is extremely important for protecting your skin against harmful UV rays. Even if you take this precaution, however, sun exposure can leave your skin feeling dry. To remedy this problem, make aloe vera part of your after sun skin care routine. Here’s how to do it:
- Start with a cool shower to wash away sunscreen and cleanse your skin.
- Exfoliate the skin on your face and body with a natural exfoliant.
- Moisturize with an aloe vera body lotion and hydrating facial cream.
- Soothe dry, sunburned skin with an aloe vera gel or spray.
Looking for an aloe vera product you can trust? Try Seven Minerals Aloe Vera Spray for face, skin, and hair. It is 99% organic and all-natural, plus it is free from thickeners and artificial additives. Use it alone or use it to make your own aloe vera after sun lotion.
Helpful Tips & Tricks for Summer Skin Care
Though proper skin care is essential any time of year, it becomes particularly important during the summer when your skin sees more exposure to sunlight. Here are some simple tips and tricks for summer skin care to get you going:
- Exfoliate your skin in the morning before applying your daily moisturizer for maximum hydration.
- Use a lightweight sunscreen everyday or choose a liquid foundation with SPF.
- Drink plenty of water on a daily basis to keep your skin naturally hydrated.
- Avoid direct sun exposure during the hottest part of the day, if possible.
- After sun exposure, apply a cooling cream or gel to soothe heat and redness.
Wondering how to harness the benefits of aloe vera for yourself? Stock up on Seven Minerals aloe vera products and check out our aloe vera skin care recipes. Try making a cooling aloe vera and essential oil blend or freeze aloe vera gel in water to soothe sunburned skin.
While summer skin care is important all the time, it is particularly important to consider when you head to the beach for vacation. To soothe and protect your skin no matter where you are, make sure you have Seven Minerals Aloe Vera Gel and Aloe Vera Spray in travel sizes.