Did you know that magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body? Do you even know what magnesium is or what it does in the body? If you’re curious to learn more about this essential nutrient, keep reading to learn 10 amazing magnesium facts.
What is Magnesium?
Before getting into the interesting magnesium facts we promised, let’s take a moment to talk about what magnesium is. Magnesium is a mineral, the fourth most abundant in the body, and it is also naturally found in certain foods. This mineral is a co-factor in more than 300 different enzymatic reactions in the body, playing a role in regulating myriad biochemical processes including protein synthesis, nerve and muscle function, blood sugar control, and blood pressure regulation.
In addition to these magnesium facts, you should also know that magnesium is required by the body in order to produce energy. It also plays a role in transporting potassium and calcium ions through the cell membrane, a process that is essential for nerve impulse conduction, normal heart rhythm, and muscle contraction. Want to learn more facts about magnesium? Keep reading!
What Are the Health Benefits of Magnesium?
Many of the most interesting magnesium facts are related to the health benefits this nutrient provides. Magnesium has been shown to improve exercise performance, regulate mood, improve insulin sensitivity, fight inflammation, relieve migraines, improve PMS symptoms, and more.
There are several different ways to harness the benefits of magnesium. For example, there are many benefits to using magnesium oil. In addition to addressing magnesium deficiency, magnesium oil can improve exercise performance, reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes, lower high blood pressure, and relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression. How’s that for some amazing magnesium facts?
Another way to use magnesium is to take a bath with magnesium chloride flakes. Soaking in a magnesium bath can help relieve skin conditions like eczema and may also help relieve stress and anxiety. Magnesium bath flakes may also relieve muscle aches, headaches, and joint pain due to its natural anti-inflammatory properties.
To experience the health benefits of magnesium for yourself, try Seven Minerals Pure Magnesium Chloride Flakes. Made with pure magnesium chloride, these bath flakes absorb better than Epsom salt, offering benefits for stress relief, muscle pain, migraines, and more.
10 Interesting Facts About Magnesium
As you can see, magnesium is an extremely important nutrient for the body. Here are ten other interesting facts about magnesium you may not know:
1) Magnesium deficiency can cause a wide range of symptoms including nausea, vomiting, depression, anxiety, numbness, muscle cramps, high blood pressure, and low energy.
2) The human body contains about 25g of magnesium, about 50% of which is concentrated in the bones (the rest is in your soft tissues).
3) The recommended daily allowance for magnesium in adults over 30 years old is 420mg for men and 320mg for women.
4) Dietary sources of magnesium include leafy green vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, and whole grains – most foods that contain fiber also contain magnesium.
5) Tap water, mineral water, and bottled water can also be a good source of magnesium, depending on the source.
6) Magnesium supplements come in several different forms including magnesium chloride, magnesium citrate, and magnesium oxide.
7) Adequate magnesium levels help reduce insulin resistance and improve blood sugar levels, helping reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes.
8) Magnesium has been shown to improve symptoms of PMS such as water retention, abdominal cramps, fatigue, and irritability.
9) People who suffer from migraines often have low levels of magnesium – magnesium supplementation may reduce the frequency and severity of migraines.
10) The anti-inflammatory benefits of magnesium may help reduce the chronic inflammation that contributes to numerous diseases including obesity, aging, and more.
Are you intrigued by these fun facts about magnesium? If you want to experience the benefits of magnesium for yourself, try Seven Minerals USP Grade Magnesium Oil. It is made in the USA, 100% magnesium oil and USP-grade, so you know it’s the highest quality you can get.
To enjoy all the benefits magnesium has to offer, try the Seven Minerals Full Mg Pack. It contains a 3-pound bag of pure magnesium chloride flakes, a 12-ounce bottle of magnesium oil spray, and a 2-ounce travel size of magnesium oil spray.